Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Religion.

one thing I absolutely love about my parents is that they accept all people and would let me try any religion I wanted ( accept maybe, devil worshipping). I used to be a Jahovah's witness, but my parents put a stop to that nonsense a few years after we moved. Jahovah's witnesses believe that all other religions are wrong. They want to change every body and are controling. But what they just don't see is that all religons are just about the same. For one, almost all religions have a god, a devil, and set of rules ( thats just about the same no matter what Bible you look in). I appreciate all other religions and plan to practice them all some day just for additional inrichment.

2 comments:

bint alshamsa said...

Well, you already know what I think--Wherever there is love and generosity and compassion, there is also at least a spark of the Divine.

God wouldn't make a billion people in China and another billion in India if he intended for us all to be Christians.

Love,
Mom

P.S. Remember what I tell you at night about no matter where you go and what you do...

queen emily said...

I think any religion that puts ideas ahead of treating people well is on the wrong track. Controlling people, not so cool.

And God, or spirit, or whatever you want to call it, is big enough for there to be many paths to spiritual enlightenment :)